Asian orange chicken recipe
– Water: one and a half cups
– Orange juice: Two tablespoons
– Lemon juice: a quarter cup
– Rice vinegar: one third of a cup
– Soy sauce: Two tablespoons and a half
– Orange zest: a tablespoon
– Brown sugar: A cup
– Ginger: half a teaspoon (fresh and grated )
– Garlic: 2 cloves (mashed)
– Green onions: a stick (chopped)
– Crushed chili : a quarter of a teaspoon
– Starch: Two tablespoons
– Water: Two tablespoons
– Chicken breast: 2 breast (chopped small cubes)
– Flour: a cup (amounts Chicken)
– Salt: 1/4 teaspoon (chicken amounts)
– Black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon (chicken amounts)
– Olive Oil: 3 tablespoons (chicken amounts)
How to prepare
1. Put one and a half cups of water, orange juice, lemon juice, lemon vinegar and soy sauce in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped green onions and crushed chili.
3. Stir the mixture and leave it on the stove until it boils, then remove it from the heat and leave it for 15 minutes until it cools.
4. Put the chicken in a bowl.
5. Mix a cup of the prepared sauce with chicken in a bowl or a food bag and leave it in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
6. Mix the flour with salt and pepper, add the marinated chicken, and make sure that it is covered on all sides.
7. Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat and stir the chicken until it turns brown on all sides. Then put it in a plate on kitchen paper, cover it with aluminum foil and leave it aside.
8. In the same pan, add the rest of the sauce over a medium heat and add starch and water while stirring, then reduce the heat and
add the chicken pieces and leave the mixture until it boils, taking care to stir from time to time for five minutes.
9. Serve hot, along with rice or noodles.