💡Perhaps you have noticed in my many posts (tips) that I am against food waste.
I use almost everything from foods that is still good and useful, for instance the peels of apples, rhubarb, lemon and orange.
This time I use leftovers of ginger and lemon to make a healthy drink. The taste is a bit bitter, but sometimes our body needs this kind of bitterness.
The combination of lemon and ginger is a well-known for:
▪ Helping with weight loss (speeds up digestion and helps burn fat).
▪ Strengthening the immune system (protects against infections, colds and common flu).
! Be cautious if you have allergies and don’t drink more than 2 small glasses a day.
Wat you need
– 1/2 cup zest of ginger & 2 lemons
– a few small pieces of ginger
– a liter of boiling water
– a little honey for the taste
Optional: cinnamon, cumin, turmeric
Add the boiling water in a pan with the zest of ginger and lemon and let it simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. (Of course you can also add cinnamon or cumin or turmeric which are also good in this drink.)
Then strain the tea, add the honey.
Pour the ginger tea into glass bottles , and
keep in the refrigerator.
Enjoy and stay healthy! The tea can also be refrigerated and served cold. 😊🥀💚