💡Pickled crunchy vegetables(ترشی)
Here is a quick and easy way on how to make homemade Torshi.
In afghan cuisine torshi is a popular side dish served to complement the main dish like rice or kebab.
I learned the tricks on how to make torshi from my mother💖🤲.
When doing it the right way you can store it for months even years 😏 in your kitchen cabinets without it molding.
¤ I have 3 different torshi recipes.
1. Cauliflower torshi with a nice red color.
– A small cauliflower
– Red beet (for a nice pink color), I used boiled beet
– A few cloves of garlic
– 1 red onion
– Some red pepper
– 2 glass of organic vinegar
– 1/2 glass of water
– 1 tbsp salt
– 1 tsp dried mint
– 1 tsp Coriander seed
– 1 tsp black pepper in heat
A glass jar of 450 ml. It’s important that your glass jars are clean and warm.
Wash cauliflower and let it drain.
Put water and vinegar in a pan and bring it to boil with salt. Then add the cauliflower to the pan and bring to boil again (takes less than a minute). Then take the pan of the heat.
Take your glass jar and fill with sliced onion, red pepper and peeled garlic (without boiling).
Then add the cauliflower with the red beet until the jar is full, add all the spices. In thr end add boiling vinegar water to the vegetables until they are completely covered, then close the lid.
Let the pickle cool in the jar and then store it in a dark place. It will take a few days for your turshi to be ready.
2. You can also make a mixed Torshi with carrots, kohlrabi and cucumber. I chopped the veggies into pieces of 2 cm. And follower the same steps as with the cauliflower torshi.
3. My most favorite and go to Toshi is probably the purple onion torshi. It is healthy and has beautiful colour.
– Few red onions
– half a liter of apple vinegar
– 2 cloves of garlic
(Here you do no salt, no pepper and no cooking).
Cut the onions into rings with a few cloves of garlic and place it in the jar. Pour the vinegar and close the lid. After two days your onion torshi is ready to eat.😊👩🍳💙